BESIDES A GREAT PRICE, many Real Estate Buyers that I have come across in Montreal, want similar things in a new house:
1. THE MAN CAVE – Many couples I have worked with searching for the ideal home would love to have an equipped basement. What does that mean? Ideally a finished basement, large enough to have a large flat-screen TV, a couch to watch sports on and enough room to have the guys over.
2. THE HOME OFFICE – Whether it’s an extra bedroom on the main bedroom level,an extra bedroom in the basement or even a little nook big enough for a little desk, scoring extra room for a home office is always beneficial. It’s often a criteria for Buyers upgrading from a condo to a house.
3. GREEN SPACE – Although a huge backyard is not always a priority, green space or outdoor space is important to many Buyers. Today, you can make wonders even with a tiny outdoor space.
4. SMART HOMES – Smart homes are all the rage right now. What are they? They are homes that are digitally hooked up to a command center that you can control from your Smartphone or iPad, or computer. You can potentially control the climate, the lights, the garage door, the alarm…
5. WALK-IN CLOSETS – The ladies will know what I’m talking about here. Best example is Sex and the City’s Carrie Bradshaw. She bought a new condo with Mr. Big in NYC and was hugely disappointed with the closet space. He surprised her by transforming unused space into a dream closet. A girl can dream, can’t she?
Keep an open mind when visiting potential houses. What seems like a mess or unappealing can be transformed into something you love. Look at the space and the use for it. You can decorate, renovate and update to your taste!
Monique Assouline is a Montreal Real Estate Broker, making dreams come true. She can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 514-219-5897